- Yield: 4 servings; 8 tacos
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 pieces frozen prepared fish sticks
- 8 small flour tortillas
for the sauce:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- juice of 1 lime
for the salad:
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can sweet corn, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- chopped cilantro, to taste
- 2 limes, juiced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook fish sticks according to package directions until golden and crispy.
- While fish is cooking, make the sauce: stir all ingredients together until smooth.
- For the salad, stir all ingredients together until evenly mixed.
- To assemble, place 1 piece of fish onto 1 tortilla and top with salad, sauce, lettuce and avocado. Serve.
Lauren isn’t kidding when she named this “The Easiest Fish Tacos”. It was so simple I plan on having this dish on rotation in our house for a long time. I read over the recipe and decided this sound totally doable. I did make a few changes, but not many.
- Instead of lettuce, I “made” coleslaw. And by made I mean I bought a bag of pre shredded coleslaw mix and a bottle of Marzetti’s Coleslaw dressing, mixed them together and called it good. I am a very picky coleslaw eater, not many slaws earn my stamp of approval. Marzetti’s is probably #1 in my book, their dressing is AH MAZING!
- Our grocery store had LOTS of avocados – but they were all firm to the touch. Which means they weren’t ready for eating. So we went without avocados but I hope to add them next time.
- Instead of tomatoes and onions for the salad, I just put half a tub of the Garden Fresh Wild Mild Salsa in with the beans & corn. I did add the cilantro & lime juice as well. I think it turned out awesome.
All four of us chowed down on this recipe. My husband, myself, our two year old son who is going through a “everything is gross” phase, and our ten month old son who is starting to feed himself. My husband took a few bites, looked up at me and said “I would pay money at a restaurant for this.” I cannot explain how amazing simple and amazingly awesome this recipe tasted. Four thumbs ups!
**I was not compensated in any way, by any of the above mentioned websites and/or companies to mention their product. All thoughts are my own opinion and may be different from your own.**